evolution of St. John's campus
Our physical campus has been at Clinton and Union since 1869 when the founders purchased land on both sides of the Bufalo Creek. That same year, land on the South side of the creek was dedicated as a cemetery and the first church building, a wooden “small-frame” structure, was erected on the North side.
This was outgrown and replaced by a “more substantial” structure in 1913. The congregation continued to grow, adding the current Parrish Hall in 1954 and then the Educational Building in 1958.
After nearly 100 years structural problems in the 1913 building created an opportunity to build the current accessible and beautiful sanctuary we dedicated in February of 2012.